Cretan Flavors & Wine
Discover the Cretan vineyards which hides a valuable treasure of native varieties that will offer a unique experience of flavours fun and knowledge for every restless wine lover, who will discover and enjoy them.
The experience start with a guided tour of the vineyards, open-air vine museum and cellar where wine is aged in oak barrels.
Tours starts at certain time : 12:00,13:00,15:00,17:00.
Take a look behind the scenes of one of Crete’s best wineries and learn how they get the very best from the grapes.
Expose your senses to an explosion of flavor as you are taken on a culinary journey and be prepared to cook authentic Cretan dishes.
- Explore this family run winery and enjoy wine tastings
- Spend a delightful morning at Lyrarakis Winery
- Enjoy a guided tour
- Learn how to create authentic Cretan dishes
This experience is 4 hours in duration.
You will start at 11:00am with refreshments and a chat about the cooking day, the menu, the techniques, a tour at the winery and then cook until approximately 13:30pm to 14:00pm and then dine and wine tasting until around 15:00pm.
- Winery tour
- Wine tasting
- All equipment
- All ingredients
- Refreshingly icy water - juice
- All the recipes (via email)
- Certificate of Participation
- Gift bag
- Enjoy your meal at the end of the class with a glass of wine
- Apaki with rosemary (smoked pork)
- Cretan salad with mizithra cheese
- Dakos (barley rusk with grated tomato, mizithra cheese, olive oil and oregano)
- Tsigariasto (stewed meat)
- Sfakiani pie with honey
*Please advice in advance for possible allergies you may have or special diet requirements. We happily accommodate guests with dietary restrictions.